Friday, June 10, 2005

Sometimes I wonder...is it me or is it my friends?

I used to be very close with a couple of girls way back in high school. We're a pretty tight bunch. Doing things together, having pizzas after exams, hang out together all the time, etc. But after high school, things start to fall apart between us. Sure I still try to keep in touch with them but why does it always seem like I'm the one taking the initiative and they don't?

It's been nearly 5 years after we graduated from high school now. We did sort of keep in touch with each other...but somehow, I always feel like I'm the odd one out. No matter how much I try to take the initiative to keep in touch with them, my actions never seem to be appreaciated. Those whom I'm not close to takes the initiative to ask me out (although they've stopped now and it's my fault). BUt those who are suppose to be my "sisters", they are the one who forgot that I ever existed. And...it hurts....it hurts A LOT.

Sigh....I just don't know what I'm rambling about here.

*goes off to think about things and life*

2 Comments:

Blogger Mabel said...

It's life. People change, people grow up and people move on. Things *will* fall apart, people *will* make new friends and life goes on.

It happened to me before - heck, I started feeling it even before I left high school. I spoke to my parents about it and apparently, it's part and puzzle of life.

If you are lucky, you'll have the same friends with you ALL the time until you grow old. If not, you end up rekindling old friendships in the future years.

What matters at the end of the day, is that people have left an impact in your life and so have you in theirs. *hugs*

ps: In a turn of events (completed unrelated to this), *SHE* broke up with her bf.

1:04 PM  
Blogger gracieq said...

Thanks for all the sound advice that you've given me Mei. Really appreciate it. Sometimes, the rational mind of me does remind me of the logical way the world works. But sometimes, I guess I let the irrational side of me take over.

ps: still can't believe that *SHE* is still so immature and doesn't realise that *SHE*'s at fault too

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home