Thursday, March 17, 2005

I Can't Stand Her Anymore

I'm referring to my housemate,a 19 year old girl who also happens to be a genius when it comes to her studies. But frankly, her attitude towards housekeeping leaves a lot of room for improvement.

She only cares for her own hygiene and the cleanliness of her things but anything that has to do with the flat, she just plain ignore. Take for instance the electric kettle provided to each unit of flat from the hostel. Before I left for my 3 months holidays last year, the kettle was still in tip top condition and was still happily boiling water for everybody's use. But 3 months later when I returned from my holidays, the kettle can't even boil a litre of water anymore. It's easy to conclude that the kettle want bongkers during my holidays but does she even bother to bring it down to the guardroom and report about it? Of course she did....NOT!! She just left it as it is on top of the refrigerator and instead of bringing it down to report it so that our hostel supervisor can get it fix, she rather walk 4 flights of stairs down to the ground floor and use the water dispenser there to fill up her supply of water. One would thought that she would have walked that 4 flights of stairs down to report that the kettle was spoiled but nope, she rather fill up her water bottles rather than report it. I was so mad and fed up with her that rather than reporting it myself, which will result in the kettle getting it fix and she would also get to use it, I went and get myself a new electric kettle that I only I alone will be able to used it. I purposely didn't offer her to use it and guess what she did a week or two later? She bought herself an electric kettle too! Exactly similar to the one that the hostel offers! Can you believe it?!

I'm not being petty here or anything but I'm really fed up with me making sure the place is clean or neat all the time without her help. When my ex-housemates were around, I still have another 2 person to help me clean the place up a little. But now that both of them had moved out, it's only me. And it's no use telling her or asking her to help cause she wouldn't. Asking her to throw the rubbish bag out everytime it's full is already a chore to her, asking her to help clean the place? I think she rather disappear for a few hours rather than sweep or mop the place up. There were several times when I saw the rubbish bin full and didn't want to throw it out because I want to see if she would. Instead of tying up the edges of the bag and throw it away, she rather force her rubbish into the bin that is obvious very full and couldn't contain anymore rubbish. And the times when the lights went off or the light bulb just blew. She can't even be bothered to fill in the maintenance form so that the hostel supervisor can do something about it. I had to do it each time. She's just so bloody lazy to do anything for the goodness of others who's living in the same flat as she is. Or maybe she only cares about herself. When she spill water on the table, she doesn't bother to wipe it dry, leaving puddles of water on the table.

For someone who has a full scholarship from the Government, she sure has a bad attitude in housekeeping. I find her selfish. Oh, did I even mention the way she hoards the whole fridge with only her stuff? We have this unspoken rule where we have a certain amount of space in the fridge and we don't leave our stuff in other people's space unless we get their permission first. If she's able to abide to this 'rule' when my 2 ex-housemates were around, I simply don't understand why she couldn't continue doing it after they moved out. I have quite a lot of stuff my self in the fridge and cabinets but you don't see me leaving my food stuff all over everybody's space in the house. And she kept cramming her stuff into my space and I kept shifting her stuff to her own space. Argh!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home