Tuesday, December 14, 2004

It's good to be back...

...in Penang. I've been back for a couple of days now and it's nothing but pure pleasure to be back home at the place where I grew up in. However, it's not good to be sick. I hate being sick! Come to think of it, who likes to be sick right?

It all started before I even got back to Penang. In fact, it started a day or two after Aaron's birthday. At first, I thought it was my throat that was badly swollen and took as much water as possible and lozenges to help cure it but after Ai Ling's birthday, my situation just got worse and I finally went to the doc's no matter how much I hated it.

The doc said that it wasn't my throat that was swollen but in fact, it was actually my tonsils that were infected and swollen. Thus, the affect it had on my ears and nose. I had a hard time listening to what my friends said because it sounded softer and my nose was so blocked up at times that I had to wake up in the middle of the night and sit upright for a couple of minutes to ensure that I could breathe properly again before going back to bed. It doesn't help that I was having mild insomnia. After checking my throat for a couple of minutes, the doc finally prescribed some antibiotiks and more lozenges for me. I counted the amount of pills the doc gave me for the course of over 3-4 days. I had to take 30 capsules of antibiotics and 20 tablets of lozenges. Crazy right?! I had to freaking take 8 capsules of antibiotics!!

Well, it was really torture to take so much antibiotics a day. But at least I'm better now. TOnsils are all back to normal. The only thing that isn't normal is my voice. And my cough. Darn! *sigh* I hope I get better soon enough cause I'll be starting work next Monday and I'll be travelling a lot. What I don't need is to be sick then. >_<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home