Friday, November 26, 2004

A Walk To Remember

It amazes me that I can still cry like a baby every time I watch 'A Walk To Remember'. No doubt it's an old movie but the simple story line that it has touches the soul like no other.

I still remember the very first time I watched it. I cried and cried like the world's gonna end yet at the same time, I did sort of wish that I could have my very own Landon Carter. I guess it's the romantic in me, that wishes for such things, or in this case, man. *grins* Anyway, 'A Walk To Remember' highlights a simple love, yet it is great because of it's simplicity. The simple yet great love between two souls. It talks about how somebody's life can change forever because somebody loves him and has faith in him. And how that love and faith gave him courage and faith to make him a better person. It also talks about how that love makes him wants to sacrifice everything so that he can have her forever. Unfortunately, Jamie Sullivan, the love of his life has leukemia and passed away in the end. But not before he did everything in his power to make her wish list comes true which at the same time makes her happy.

Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense, it is not resentful.

Now, isn't this the kind of love everybody wish for? It is the perfect love that anybody can ever wish to obtain. Yet, humans are happy to settle for a near perfect love, even though the love that they have in reality has flaws. Doesn't that apply to everyone? 'A Walk To Remember' may not be the greatest love story ever, but it does shine the right way with enough emotions to pull the heart strings. Even until now, even after a few years and having watched it so many times, the movie still has the right amount of mood and emotions to make me part with my tears. We may never know the true motive or intention of the movie, but one thing for sure, it does educate one about the wonders of love.

You may be surprise to know that the movie was actually an adaptation of a novel with the same title. I once read the book in a bookstore, and truth be told, it was much, much better than the movie. Not the movie was not good, it was. But the book was better. You know why? I cried even more through reading than watching the adaptation of it. It was actually suppose to be an embarrassing moment for me, to be crying in front of so many people when reading the book but I did not care because it was a good book. Come to think of it, it was the first time ever that I actually cried after reading a book so you can imagine how good it was. After so long, the story still touches right into my very core and I believe that it'll always be in be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home