Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Scholarship Gotten!

Ohhh....I'm so happy now! Even the lost of a so-called friend did not dampen my spirits at all.

Just to refresh some minds, I was enlisted for a scholarship interview by my college a few weeks ago. After the interview, I was not confident of getting the scholarship because one of the interviewers were not too friendly and came across as rather haughty and prejudice. Thus, I did not place much hope on getting the scholarship. After the interview ended, a Ms Loo who was in charged of the scholarships told me to go see her assistant a week after that to get a letter stating whether I was a successful applicant or not. I was suppose to go get it last week, but after so much hectic studying and all, it just slip my mind til today.

So off I went to look for her assistant, Nor. Nor was actually in charge of PTPTN (it's a governmental loan for tertiary studies), and actually remembers me. Must be all the bugging I did last semester that ingrained my face and name into her mind up til this day. Hehe...Anyway, I went to see Nor and told her what Ms Loo asked me to take from her. Nor went through a few letters and said that my name was not there. And then, she informed me that the stack of letters with her are letters for unsuccessful applicants. Meaning, the letters with her are letters for people who do not get the scholarship. I was directed to look for Ms Loo and asked her instead. And that was what I did.

I asked Ms Loo about the matter and she went, "Oh, ya! You're G**** Q*** right?". After my nod of confirmation, she went through a stack of letters and took my letter out. She didn't even tell me if I received the scholarship or not. Just took the letter our nonchalantly and asked me to check my details on the letter to make sure that there's not typing error. As I read the letter checking it for spelling errors, it just gradually dawn on me that I finally received a scholarship! Even though it's not a full scholarship, they're giving me half the fees of my semester! Yay for that! I'm so, so happy. I couldn't help but keep grinning and smiling after that. I even went up to the office to tell Mabel the good news. Haha....I was that excited and happy.

Now, I can just imagine the smile in my Mum's face when I tell her the good news later. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home