Friday, November 19, 2004

Genting Sky Venture

Ok... I was supposed to write something about my Genting Highlands trip during the Deepavali holidays ages ago. Or at least I planned to. But after returning from the trip, I just got plain lazy to sit in front of the computer to type anything out and soon, got caught up studying for the Marketing finals. Anyway, finals are now officially over for the Murdoch course. Only thing left is the Malaysian Studies finals. *sigh* Stupid LAN subject forced me to stay until early December. Else, I'll be back in Penang now.

The Genting trip was fun. It's a family trip cum holiday thingy with my father's family. And at the same time, I got to nose around on Uncle Edwin's love life. Haha...glad he told me the full details. Uncle Edwin's 36 this year and this girl that he's supposedly seeing is his first gf. Amazing huh? I know he'd dated around and all but he's never gotten serious with any girls. I wonder if it's the girls who find the problem in him rather than the other way round. Uncle Edwin's one of the sweetest man I know around. Of course it helps a little that I'm the only grandchild in my father's family for 20 years thus making me his only niece around. Muahaha....I guess the age gap between us is not so distinct now that I'm older, there's just more things to talk about and joke around. Even serious issues like his love life. I was actually very honoured that he trust me enough to tell me the whole story. Though after that, I was cautioned not to tell anybody especially Grandma. Haha...I sort of broke that promise to him. Can't help but tell Mum a little bit of the details of his love life. What to do? We're all just busybodies especially when it comes to Uncle Edwin's life, he is after all my favourite uncle and if not mistaken, Mum's favourite brother-in-law. Muahaha....

Back to the Sky Venture thing. For those of you who have absolutely no idea what the heck it is, well, it's actually a skydiving simulation they erected up in Genting. It was freaking expensive when it first opened a couple of years back, but recently, it's getting cheaper by the day. I think the slashed price has something to do with the school holidays though. Anyway, I was out on the second night walking about First World Plaza with Uncle Andrew, Ivan (another one of my uncles though I don't call him 'Uncle' cause he's only 7 year older than I am) and his gf, Joanne, and my great-uncle, when Uncle Andrew suddenly turned to me and started talking to me. This is roughly how our conversation went by.

Uncle Andrew: So, have you tried out the Sky Venture thingy before?
Me: Erm...no....but I would love to try it out one day though. Should be fun.
Uncle Andrew: Let's get you trying it out later then. After the Motion Master
Me: (dumbfounded) Huh? But it's so expensive!!
Uncle Andrew: (grinning like a Cheshire cat) Money is not the matter....the matter is...
Me: (interrupted)..but the matter is whether I dare or not ma right?

And so...after Motion Master, Uncle Andrew and I went to the Sky Venture building and he promptly paid for the both of us. It's my first time floating, literally while it's his second time. ANd let me said, it was exhilarating! The adrenaline pumping through my veins, floating in the air that's going as fast as 180km/hr....it's just indescribable.

Unfortunately, the whole adventure is only 2 minutes long. It was held in 2 1 minute sessions and during the first minute, I was flailing around the area like some crazy bird that lost its balance. In this case, it's more like a crazy person flailing around. O_O! Like I said, or didn't say, the first minute is more about learning how to balance yourself in the air, and going up and down by controlling the movement of your head, hands and legs. For the first few seconds, I sort of panicked. Embarrassing I know but I can't help but feel fear in me when I first entered the room, after flailing around for quite a bit, which left me with a very bruised back and left hand, I managed to calm myself down a little by thinking that the instructor is there with me and that if there's anything that happened, he will be there to safe me. At least that's what I think but it did made me calm down A LOT. And that was when I finally got my balance and float around nicely around the room. *grins*

The first minute felt like eternity, just me floating in the air and the instructor smiling and telling me good using hand signal. After that, it was my uncle's turn. Considering it's his second time, he's definitely floating around like a pro skydiver. ^_~ After his minute was up, it's back to my turn again. This time round, not so many butterflies in my stomach and I'm much more calm compared to the first time round. I step into the room and voila! No more tumbles, no more flailing around like mad person. After a little while, the instructor grab hold of me and swung me round and round and round, up and down up and down, doing 360 degrees turns. Boy, it was fun at first but after going round and round and round non-stop, it's dizzying to the head and I can feel my stomach turning and churning around. That was when when I thought that it'll be better for me to get back down. I gave the hand signal that I wanted to stop and that's it, I'm back at ground zero again.

It's an experience that will be difficult to leave my mind. And it sure didn't help that the instructor is quite cute for a Malay guy. *winks* Not to forget, I was actually quite happy that I have the adventurous side in me, glad that it's coursing through my veins. At least I've proven that I'm my father's daughter. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home