Sunday, December 05, 2004

Aaron's Birthday

As promised, I said I'll write something about Aaron's birthday after it happened on the third, so here I am, writing one. First off, we were suppose to have dinner with him with a couple of his friends and our own group of friends at Monte's in Bangsar Shopping Complex at 7.30pm but Sam, Ai Ling and I ended up being very, very late for the dinner because Sam and I had to fetch Ai Ling from USJ. Even though USJ's a really nice area to live in, it's getting in and out of the whole area that really gets one full of headache because of the massive jams on the highway during peak hours that can last for several hours especially when it's raining. Because Sam and I went to fetch her somewhere during peak hour, we got caught in the jam and the 3 of us ended up turning for the dinner fashionably late at 9 plus. =P

Anyway, we reached Monte's to find that 7 people were waiting for us to show up including Aaron himself. The 7 that were there were, of course Aaron himself, Ee Lyn, Serhan, Carven, Prema, James and one of Ee Lyn's friend whose name I didn't catch. The 3 of us were feeling very, very embarrassed with ourselves for being late already. It didn't help that we got teased by everybody at the table. There were empty seats beside Serhan and Carven and being the blur person that I am, I didn't notice that I'd end up sitting beside Serhan because I was still talking to Aaron until Ee Lyn gave me the eye signal to change places with Ai Ling. See, Ee Lyn and Aaron's trying to play matchmakers here and try to matchmake Serhan and Ai Ling together. I only snapped out of the conversation with Aaron after I saw the eye signal and quickly searched for a plan in my head.

Me: Ling!! I want to sit beside Carven, so can I change places with you eh?

I proceeded to flash Ai Ling the sweetest, most innocent smile I could muster up but all she did was gave me her most sweetest, innocent smile instead and sat right down beside Carven. Bugger! I was so ready to kick myself for being so blur at that time. Anyway, with that aside, Sam, Ai Ling and I placed our orders and had to wait quite some time for our food while the rest of them had already finished their food and were chatting and joking. When our food finally arrived, the 3 of us digged into our food because we were already starving. We were actually enjoying our food a lot until James started thumping the table a couple of times and made our food literally jump on the plates. >_< It didn't help that after the 3 of us glared at him, he still continued thumping the table whenever there's a joke. We had to endured the thumping for a couple more times before he stopped and we could continued eating in peace. *throw hands up in air*

James is actually Aaron's friend from back then. Most of us only met him during the dinner at Monte's save for Aaron, Serhan, Ee Lyn and Ee Lyn's friend. The fact that he could be obnoxious and rude towards the rest of us is really a wonder to me. James paid the bill when it came. After that, he said that we would all pay him back back at Aaron's place later. I looked at him and nodded in agreement and all of a sudden,

James: Don't give me that kind of look! Don't think by smiling sweetly you wouldn't need to pay me back. I'm practically broke you know.

I was shocked and surprised to hear him said that to me because I wasn't thinking anything but paying him back later when we got back to Aaron's place. Oh my! Anyway, on our way to Aaron's place, Sam was complaining about James all the way there. All about how rude he was, and how obnoxious he was, etc. And I couldn't agree more with her.

Sam and I were the first ones to arrive back at Aaron's place, followed by Serhan and James. Since Aaron's not back yet, his brother, Nicholas had to let us in first. I was sitting down somewhere in the living room talking to Nicholas when James walked by behind my back and actually used his hand to pushed my head down really, really hard. I was so shocked that I actually went speechless! That James even had the nerve to laughed at me. Goodness, I wished that I could strangle him right there and then! When Ai Ling finally arrived with Carven and Prema, he threw a pillow at Ai Ling and it nearly hit her eye. Thank goodness it didn't because she was wearing contacts! There was even a time when Serhan and James were in the kitchen and I walked into it to throw some rubbish, and James sprinkle water into my face using his wet hands. The water went straight into my eyes and darn, it hurts a lot.

James: Oh, did the water went into your eyes?
Me: Well, what do you think?! Ye-ah!!
James: Oh, goody! Yay!

I gave him a ferocious glare and left the kitchen as quickly as possible before he think of something else to do to me. What a prick! He's loud, he's rude, he's obnoxious, he's just everything bad. Ai Ling, Sam and I didn't say anything because we were just being polite and after all, he's Aaron's friend and we didn't want to create tension then. We could even get the vibe that Aaron's dad do not really like James either.

Ok, James aside, the night was actually pretty fun. We were hanging around having drinks and all, watching Dodgeball and chatting at the same time. Somewhere around midnite or so, Aaron had to send Ee Lyn, Prema and Ee Lyn's friend home. So the rest of us continue drinking and talking until Ai Ling suggested we started playing Twister. Since there was 8 of us there, including Nicholas and Andrew(he came late), we played Twister in groups of 4 and Ai Ling, Sam, Serhan and Nicholas went for it first. It was hilarious looking at the 4 them getting all tangled up and all. When it finally came to my turn with Carven, James and Andrew, we were not laughing anymore. Because it was our turn to get all tangled up and being laughed at. Serhan kept protesting about how unfair it was that Carven and I did not have to get down on our hands but hey, he's the one spinning the board, not us. We're just plain lucky! Hehehe....*sniggers* Second round of Twister was worse because Carven and I actually had to get down on all fours and there came to a point where James' butt was just right behind my head. *shakes my head* It was not good at all, and not at all funny. It doesn't help that Ai Ling and Serhan were laughing their butts out and Nicholas kept coming to my side and asking me if I'm all right. Man, it was excruciating! Even until now, my body's still aching and screaming at me for putting them into such difficult positions. Heh!

The best bit of the night was watching Ai Ling, Sam, Serhan and Nicholas played Twister for nearly an hour. The positions were all so funny! Nicholas and Serhan started out at opposite ends of each other, but ended up being next to each other to the point of us taking their pics because it was just so provoking and frankly, anybody looking at their pictures would have thought that they were having a quickie with their clothes on! LoL. As time passes by, Nicholas then Ai Ling dropped out of the gave and Serhan and Sam were left to it. Both were determined not to lose and give up so both continued playing. There were several times when James spinned the board but purposely gave his own coordination so that the both of them would get tangled even more. There were times when Serhan was all over Sam and vice versa. Looking at their positions at different angles was really hilarious because there were times when one would think that they were making out. In a weird sort of way! Anyway, the game finally ended because Sam had to take a call from her mum. If not for the interruption, I think the game would go on the whole night long.

Truth be told, last night was the first time I actually played Twister but boy did I had fun! Hehe...the gang and I should get out more often and have this kind of crazy games. Unfortunately, Chip and Carven are leaving for Perth in February and we wouldn't be seeing them until February 2006 when we'll be going there then. Now, I'm wondering if there's anything weird or crazy that would happen during Ai Ling's birthday this Tuesday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home