Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Aaron's Pre-Birthday Dinner

I'm suppose to be studying for my Malaysian Studies finals right now considering that the exam's tomorrow but I can't concentrate because I just got to write all this down while it's still fresh in mind before I forgot or became too lazy to type it all down.

Aaron's birthday is actually on the 3rd of December but his parents decided to have a pre-birthday dinner for him with family and friends. So all his uncles and aunts from his mother's family came with a couple of his friends including yours truly. Unfortunately, from college, it was only Ai Ling, Andrew and I that could make it. And halfway through the dinner, Andrew got to leave early because he has a jamming session going on later. Therefore, at our table, there's only Ai Ling and I, with Aaron and his gf, Ee Lyn, his brother, Nicholas and another friend of Aaron's, Serhan. Including Andrew when he's still around, there's only 7 of us at the table. But it's all right cause it's not really Aaron's birthday yet, just a pre-birthday celebration with us and his family.

His uncles rocks man. They're even way crazier than my own uncles. Whatever that they do, they do it when they're still sober, while I can only witness that sort of craziness in my family when all my uncles get drunk during the Chinese New Year dinner. The meal went on quite smoothly and the craziness did not really appear til towards the end of the dinner actually. One of Aaron's uncle was busy making jokes in Mandarin even though he's not really good at it. The end result of trying to translate something directly from Cantonese to Mandarin became a perverted version when it reaches our ears. Since only Ai Ling and I could understand Mandarin well enough, only both of us got the exact joke at our table. *laughs*

Later on, after the birthday cake came out, Aaron got creamed by his uncles and Nicholas. It was really, really hilarious and Ai Ling and I laughed our heads off while sitting at our own little corner. Ee Lyn was busy taking photos so that everybody who's not there would have a good laugh as well. After Aaron got creamed, practically every male in the family got creamed. It went so bad to the point where their shirts and hands were full of the chocolate icing. It was so funny, looking at grown men running around to avoid getting creamed by their brothers or nephews. Poor Aaron even had to run out of the room into the main dining hall in the restaurant to avoid gettting creamed further. Things went a tad too far when Aaron's 2nd and 4th uncle kissed each other in front of us. My, my, the vision of them kissing is still etched in my head. And boy was it an eye opener! 2 grown men kissing each other. It doesn't help that they are brothers and both are straight. O_O! After much fooling around, after much creaming around, the night was finally over. Ai Ling, Ee Lyn, Serhan and I adjourned together with Aaron to his place so that he could wash up before sending all of us back.

Back at Aaron's place, all of us including Nicholas minus Aaron sat down and continue watching Dodgeball which the rest was watching before we left for dinner. After the movie ended, I got around to helping Nicholas with his ear piercing which hasn't completely heal yet. I was helping him out, cleaning the pierce hole and helping him put on a small hoop earring (which actually belongs to me but I gave it to him anyway) while dishing out advice to him on how to care for it. And I'm glad to say that he looks pretty good with my hoop earring. *grins* After everything was done, both of us actually sat down and talked about him and his gf, to which he gave a summary of the current problem that his gf is facing right now which directly affects him too. I was actually surprise that he told me a little more details than I expected but I guess maybe cause he's just comfortable talking to me. Poor Nicholas, he may be quite a flirt with us girls but he's a good bf. I sure hope everything works out well for him and his gf. And I really hope that his gf's mother would open up and accept him as her daughter's bf. Oh well, life goes on...

Right, I better get back to studying. Enough of the night already. I'll try to come back in a couple of days time to talk about Aaron's birthday after it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home