Thursday, March 17, 2005

Being Irresponsible

"You come in tomorrow just in case la"

That's the very words I saw in the SMS he sent me. He happens to be a friend of mine, who happens to be the president of the club and he is currently not doing a very good job as a president, in fact, he has not been doing anything that he's suppose to do, instead pushing all the responsibilities for me to do just because I'm his vice.

We were suppose to have a meeting with the head of department tomorrow to discuss about our reluctance to merge the club with the diploma students and why it's utterly impossible to do so at the same time. I've been sick for the past couple of days, am still sick as I'm typing away on my keyboard right now. He was suppose to find out the time we were to meet the head from our club advisor by evening. He sent me a message in the afternoon saying that the advisor's unsure of the time to meet with the head tomorrow and said he'll keep me updated. By 8pm, he still hasn't updated me about anything and so I messaged him asking if it's still on. He replied saying that our advisor didn't tell him anything. And that got my mind reeling. If the advisor didn't tell him anything, isn't it his duty to question her or remind her just in case she forgets? If I'm able to do that; asking my advisors issues concerning the club or reminding her to do something for the club, when he's not around at all, why can't he do the same? After all, he's the president and have full authority to execute any plans for the club without anyone questioning him. Why did he have to wait until after dinner time to call and ask our advisor about the time for the meeting? Doesn't he knows that she doesn't like to be disturbed unless necessary when she's at home since she has so little time to relax these days? I couldn't help feeling that the least he could do was to be a little more understanding about her situation and also instead of being lazy and dragging his feet, try to ask her for a confirmation of the time whenever she's free, just in case she forgets.

I'm thinking that if I did not ask him to ask our advisor if it's still on tomorrow, he would insist that I still come to college and find out then if the meeting's on. I could have easily picked up the phone, called our advisor and ask her instead but I choose not to. Why? Cause it's time for him to do some of his job. And since the meeting's off, I might be coming for absolutely no reason at all. I don't even have any classes tomorrow and I had to come in for a meeting that wouldn't even be on?! Let's see if he would do that on a day that he doesn't have class. And I already know the answer to that. He'll probably said that he's busy or he doesn't even have class on that day. I keep asking myself this: Why am I so bloody nice?!

I really don't like complaining about him to others but seriously, he's too besotted with his darling girlfriend to do a proper job as a president. When the orientation was suppose to be on, he's suppose to do all the planning for it with me assisting him. But no, that's not what happened. He asked me how's the planning for the orientation going on and I went, "WHAT?!" Inside me, I kept thinking that it's not my job, it's his! And frankly, he didn't tell me any of his plans for the orientation either. So how am I suppose to assist him in the first place? Take the other instance when we were having a meeting in a class and later on we had to adjourned our meeting outside the classroom. There were still details to map out and discuss about. He left his bag with us, told us he had to go check out something in the radio studio and didn't come back until much later. And when he did, he only came back and sat around for less than 5 minutes and then he's off to the studio again. I was conducting the meeting the whole time he wasn't there. Even after we're finished with the meeting, he's not back yet and I was kind enough to bring the bag down to the studio for him. There were so many things that he's suppose to do as a president but didn't. Instead, he asked others to do it for him ie getting a friend to get the constitution of the club from our ex president, asking that same friend to announce that orientation's cancelled, etc. I even had to planned a date to meet up with our advisor a few weeks back and asked everybody if they can attend it. I planned the date for the meeting, not him. I planned it and asked him to ask our advisor if she's free that day in the afternoon. He did jackshit on planning for the meeting. In fact, I'm rather sure he didn't even think of having meetings.

Sigh...I'm really sick of all this so-called bitching from my side. He's my friend, a good friend to boot. But he has changed tremendously ever since his girl got back for Ozzy and I don't like that change a bit since it's turning him into an irresponsible person who sits around on his lazy bum doing nothing while expecting everybody to do things at his bidding. And I'm not the only one who's not happy about this change. All of us in the group doesn't like the change one bit and so far, we're just too polite to say anything right into his face because he's still our friend and we don't want any awkward situations between us. Hopefully when the time comes for the bitching session, which our advisor planned on having, he'll be able to receive those criticism and not keep it inside him even after the session. *groans* I hate confrontations. >_<

4 Comments:

Blogger Chip said...

Graceeeee ((HUGsss)) muaksss!! i've read all ur posts at one go Whoa tat was Some super update!! Im sorry about your grandmother k...(extra big hug) i admire you being so filial to her. Through all the descriptions and subtle gestures that you've mentioned, i know you must really really love her:) She must be a happy grandma when she was still here:) and... on the other piece grace...dont ever think of committing suicide okay...i mean, unless u really feel like there's nothing to live for in this world, which is not possible because there is always hope and chances, especially when you have such a determined spirit in perceptions and work. Muaks!! ur a great gal and i miss u:):)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Mabel said...

Hm. I suppose this is what people mean when they say that not all changes are good ones. Be you, be responsible and let everything else fall into place. ^_~ *hugs hugs*

10:39 PM  
Blogger gracieq said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:57 PM  
Blogger gracieq said...

Chip: Miss you too baby. It feels so surreal whenever I think about my grandma. Still can't believe that she's gone forever.

Mei: I will be responsible...hopefully. I just want him to see that things are not going well using his way. And thanks a bunch for the support so far. =)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home