Friday, March 25, 2005

A Night Out

It's been ages since I last went clubbing. I'm not the type who would fork out a large sum of money every weekend to dance and drink but once in a blue moon, it's a really nice feeling to let down the hair a little and just enjoy myself. Last night was Ladies' Night in Zouk and since Jo and I have been itching to go clubbing weeks ago, and also since Rachel's gonna move to her aunt's place thus revoking her full freedom, the 3 of us including Desree decided to go have fun and dance out hearts out.

Rachel wasn't sure of the way to Zouk. Thus, I ended up being the driver of the night, driving Rach's car down to KL even though it's been ages since I last drove down there. With some intuition and some pre-journey direction from my bf, I finally got us to Zouk safe and soundly. Rach, Desree and I enter the club first cause Jo was with her bf's brother at some Lampe Berger meeting. After Jo met up with us, we waited a little while for the dance floor to fill up before we started shaking out booties to our hearts' content. It was fun, it was wild, it was everything exciting. It's really been ages and ages ago since I last dance til my legs cramped up, literally. Unfortunately, Jo was not really in the mood because she was sleepy and tired at the same time. No matter how much we tried to get her in the mood to enjoy and dance with us, she was just standing there, barely moving most of the time.

There was one point of time when Desree and Rach wanted to get a drink while Jo and I remained in the dance floor. Jo was still barely moving and I was barely moving myself either because of leg cramp. After a while, I started dancing again and all of a sudden, a b**** just pushed us apart and danced in between us, as if we're invisible. It did not help that her hair was freaking long and she kept turning and turning around and her hair kept hitting my face. Jo was pretty pissed off with her and started dancing and pushing her around while I kept avoiding getting my toes stepped from that b****. Before I knew it, the bass was right behind my back and I couldn't move anywhere else because it was just so crowded. And the b*** kept moving towards me because her girl friend just had to choose to stand in front of me.

As I try my best to avoid her, I kept bumping into a Nigerian/African guy who was standing on my right. I guess he must have somehow misinterpreted the accident cause when I stepped a distance away from him, he smiled at me and gesture with his hand for me to stand beside him again. I knew at that moment that if I was naive, went and stood beside him and continued dancing, he will take it as a sign that I agreed for him to hit on me. So I declined while smiling back at him. I may have overanalyse the brief situation but prevention is better than cure. Or, maybe I'm just trying to flatter myself to think that someone would hit on me while I'm out clubbing with my friends. Hehe...there's even a possibility that I'm testing to see if I have some level of attractiveness in me that will catch a guy's attention. But then again, with majority of the ladies there dressing outrageously sexy, I don't think I will stand a chance.

Overall, the night was fun. I really got to dance my heart out. And I really enjoyed dancing with Rach and Desree. I was just a little upset with that b**** that spoiled the end of my night. Ok, I was really pissed off with the b**** but one small insignificant person did not spoil my night after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carven a.k.a. Dim Sum Q said...

Oh well well... gotta wait for 11 months to have fun with you guys... how i wish you guys were here now!!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger gracieq said...

Haha...Don't worry, time flies and before you know it, all of us will be there to enjoy with you. Cheers!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home