Friday, August 06, 2004

Phone Calls from Overseas

I had 2 phone calls from friends who are studying overseas for the past 2 days. One from my best male friend, Jon, who's studying in Curtin University in Perth, Australia 2 nights ago. I was delighted to get his call because we have not talk to each other for months, there's no email from him, I did not even see him online, etc. There was just no communication between us for the past few months because we're both just very busy studying and completing our assignments. There was some bad news from him. He told me that he failed 3 out of his 4 units which were pretty bad. Thus, he had to repeat another semester for the failures he had. He tried appealing to his lecturer or dean or something like that but it would not work because according to the school, he failed too many subjects to resit the 3 papers he failed. I wasn't too happy about him failing because he's my friend after all and I wished the best for him, but there's a tiny little part of me that's sort of excited and happy because when I go over to Perth for my final year in Murdoch, he'll still be around to accompany me for at least 6 months before he leaves. That is if he doesn't fail any more paper. Or else, he'll have to stay back the entire year with me in Perth. ><

The other call was from my friend, Kok Sin, who's studying in UK. He called me this morning when I just woke up and was still lazing on my bed. We talked a little while only because I need to wash up and catch a bus at 10 plus but it was pretty nice to hear from him after a long period of silence in his part. The words coming out from his mouth is still ever so sweet, always sugar-coated to make his female friends happy. And the best part was, he remembers my birthday. He mentioned the date and month exactly and promised to call me then. Hehe....he did mentioned about giving me a digital camera as a birthday present when I mentioned I do not have one but LoL, I know he won't buy one for me. Even if he really did, I wouldn't accept it because it's just so freaking expensive to buy a digi cam. Oohh...one more good news for me. He said I look thinner compared to CNY when he saw me then. Muahahaha....*delighted laugh continues* But the picture he saw on my Friendster was from last semester. I think I have gained some weight but not to the point of being fat like I was in A levels. =P

*skips off to dinner*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home