Friday, August 06, 2004

Battle of the Bitches

Yup, that's right. Battle of the bitches will be going on this semester. It was only a few days ago (approximately a week ago to be exact), that I told my housemate that I foresee a battle of the bitches going on this semester but I wasn't too sure who will be up against who then. And boom! It all started yesterday after our Principles of Marketing (will be known as POM from now onwards) tutorial.

There is initially 8 of us in a group. But one of them left the programme, changed to another college and will be taking up a whole new different course over there. When I heard that she left, I had mixed feelings about it. First, I felt happy and peaceful because she will not be around to create conflicts anymore. Second, I felt a little sad that things were not very good between us when she left, I sort of wish we could have really patch things up, be friends, that sort of thing before she left because of the spat and conflict we had last semester. After she left, another girl, CW(I won't use actual names here since I'm kinda bitching) started to join our group. We were not too happy about it cause frankly, all of us were not too fond of her. Plus, she was from this other group from the semester before us. There was some conflict going on between her and the 3 of them and she always bitch to us about the so-called leader of that group, CC. We do not like hearing about bits and info about CC from CW but we really do not know how to tell her to stop talking about her. And whenever CW bitches about CC, there's this sinister or cynical look on her face that scares the shit out of us.

Anyway, the 7 of us are in the same tutorial class for POM and would be nicely divided into groups of 3 and 4 between ourselves. I know we need to mix around with others but we're just quite comfortable with each other. I felt really, really comfortable with the rest because I felt more accepted in the group because of the one girl who left. I'm able to chat and joke with them more, and the rest of the group seem to be able to accept the real me. Back to the story. Before Soo Heng, my POM lecturer started to give her lecture, I was talking to one of my friends and asked if she had a group yet because we have to give group presentations for POM as part of our assignments. Before I could ask her if she wanted to join me, CW called her and started talking to her, so I turned behind and chatted with my friends for a little while. When my friend finally turn around to me, I asked her what she and CW are talking about and she replied by saying that CW asked her so that both of them are in the same group and my friend said yes. I don't know what got over me, maybe I was just too lazy looking for groups so I asked my friend if it's ok if I joined her and CW and my friend said yes. I thought I saw her breathe with relieve but it turns out to be kinda true. She wasn't too fond of CW being in a group with her but she doesn't know how to say no.

Then the 2 friends of CC asked another friend of mine to join their group leaving CC alone. But their really cunning and smart. They asked my friend to 'request' to join their group. All of us know that CC will bitch about the whole affair and she definitely wouldn't believe it if she finds out that her friends were the ones who ditch her. Our whole group advised my friend not to go along with their suggestion but still somehow, they manage to rope in my friend into their group thus leaving the rest of the group upside down and confused. ANd during the whole conflict kinda thing going on, CW continues bitching to my ears about CC. After tut, 5 of us sat down and began talking seriously about the problem that's going on. It seem to us that CW is using us to get back on CC and we'll be under fire from CC soon if we continue listening to her bitching about CC and hanging out with her so often. We talked about changing tut class and realize that we CAN make it a reality and went to Soo Heng and request that 7 of us change tut class to avoid the controversy because whatever that's going on between CW and CC's group is none of our business. We do not want to get ourselves involve in something as unnecessary like that and find ourselves being the bad bitches.

Thankfully, Soo Heng is kind enough to allow all 7 of us to change our tut class but the problem now lie with me and my friend to tell CW that we change tut class. The only thing that we're hoping for is that she wouldn't be thick skinned enough to change tut class because we're gonna tell her that we'd already divided ourselves nicely between the 7 of us and asked her to look for another group. Man, I feel such a bitch myself. But for the sake of myself, ourselves, it's best that we don't get involve as much as possible.

I foresee several battle of the bitches going on this semester and I foresee that I'll get involve in it involuntarily. ><


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home