Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I hate durians!

Yep, that's right. I hate durians. As a Malaysian, it can be considered as a big no-no. Mum brought home some durian for Granny just now but I was in my room, so I didn't know that she brought home the King of the Fruits. ><

Anyway, the moment I opened the door and came out from my room, the overwhelming smell of the durian is so strong that I just screwed up my nose and yelled, "EWWWW!! DURIAN! YUCKS!" My mum had branded me an ang moh when she found out that I do not eat durian and I can't bear the smell of it a few years back.

It's really a big mystery to her why I dislike durian so much these days. I used to love eating durian. Just the word durian itself can make my mouth water. I can just eat durian and feel full without the need to have any rice in my stomach. But the old Grace is gone now. The me now can't stand durian. Just the smell of it irks me and gets my nausea into full blast. Urgh! Thinking about just now, I can feel bile rising to my throat. *shudders*

I really do not understand why the sudden change in me that dislike durian so much. But I do pity myself when I'm surrounded with so many durian lovers in the family. And I really pity my poor bf. There were som any times when he actually wanted to buy durian because he loves them a lot, but I wouldn't let him because I just can't stand it! He'll give me a dejected look but agreed to whatever whims and dislikes I have regarding that forbidding fruit. Thank you da-da for understanding me so well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mabel said...

*lol* I don't eat durians either. Don't really fancy it actually. Don't know why...*thinks*...

10:34 AM  
Blogger gracieq said...

Probably because we're turning into Caucasians slowly. Heh.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home