Thursday, June 17, 2004

Diarrhoea..

That's right. Diarrhoea. I have diarrhoea. Been having tummy aches and had been running to the toilet very very often for the whole of last night. Poor me huh? I don't know what I ate wrong or what lead to the diarrhoea.

I've been trying to retrace the intake of food that went through my mouth but seriously, none are prominent enough to cause any thing that would trigger off the diarrhoea. I had the same 'maggi goreng' that my housemate had. In fact, we shared the same plate of maggi. Then, I woke up yesterday morning with an upset stomach but I dimissed it as flatulence in my stomach and maybe the beginning of a gastric. So, after washing up, I immediately drink milk with oats cause it usually does clear the gastric juice at the beginning. I had rice with chicken and four angle beans for lunch. And I still felt all right after it. It all started after I got back from 1 Utama (a shopping mall in Petaling Jaya), which was around 4 plus in the evening. I started experiencing stomach upsets where it hurts a lot. And when I said it hurts a lot, it really does hurts a lot until I had to curl up like a ball to prevent the pain from getting more intense. And from that time onwards, I went to the toilet 2-3 times every hour. The pain in the stomach is excruciating and sometimes I can just feel my tears forming on its own, prepared to roll down my face.

I've been running to the toilet the whole night and by the time I was too tired or blur to do anything else but to go to the toilet, my housemate, Denise, bless her kind soul, checked on me to make sure I'm really all right because she's been hearing me going to the toilet for far too often for comfort. She asked me what's wrong and I told her that I suspect I'm having diarrhoea. She said she has the medicine for it and went to get me some. Lomotil. That's the tablet she gave me to cure the diarrhoea. Now, Lomotil is suppose to work. It's suppose to take the diarrhoea away. How do I know this? Well, my bf's dad is a doctor. And living with a doctor for the past 20 years, my bf definitely did pick up some stuff on what to take for certain pains and stuff. He was the one who told me to take either Lomotil or Bascopane (not sure of the spelling). Anyway, Lomotil helped for only 2-3 hours. Cause in the middle of the night, I had to wake up to go to the toilet again. Big business in the middle of the night. *sigh* Fortunately, the pain is not as excruciating as before but it is still bad enough. And after that, I'd been going to the toilet every 2-3 hours with pain in my stomach.

My bf took me to the doctor's just now. He was suppose to come fetch me and take me to the doc's in the morning before he went to work, but being a sleepy pig as he always is, he was late. And every clinic that we went to is either close or the doc's away for lunch. Finally, around 2, the doc came back and I was the first patient to see him after his lunch hour. The doc is pretty old and he looks like he's sick and tired of seeing patients again. He gave me the feeling that he's still doing the job because it's the only thing he's good at. Oh well, anyway, I told him what was wrong with me and he check my stomach. You know, all the poking a doc does to see what's wrong with you. Anyway, he checked on me and finally gave me a whole lot of tablets for my dehydration and the pain and the diarrhoea. Finally. So here I am, after going to the doctor's, writing a piece on how painful it is to get diarrhoea. ANd on what I had to go through the feel like a normal person again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home